Sunday, October 11, 2009

i {heart} faces . . . excited


Seriously, what is more exciting to little kids than a birthday? Our kids talk about them all year long: what kind of theme they want for their party, the gifts, the friends, the cakes the balloons, everything. Birthdays are just fun? So, when our daughter turned four, she was so excited she could hardly contain herself. Here she is waiting to open her presents, VERY EXCITING! You can see her gripping her overflowing pettiskirt in anticipation. Theses are the moments to remember. I'm so happy that was fortunate enough to capture this one!

Curious, at which birthday do we lose this excitement? Is it the first birthday after we had a birthday where we were let down? Is it a certain age? Does it slowly diminish as our loss of "innocence" increases? Secretly, I still get excited about my birthday (although often I feel as though I might be the only one). Every year might now bring with it a new set of wrinkles, but those wrinkles come with moments like the picture above and moments that have helped me grow in the the "adult" I am now and will help me get to the places I have yet to travel and the person I have yet to become. Age doesn't bother me, I still love birthdays. One of my friends and I joke that when we're 80, we can just throw our feet up, pop our teeth out and laugh about the whole thing! I hope that I do . . . and that I'm still around to do so, what a blessing.

Have a blessed week!

9 comments:

Monika said...

She is such a cute birthday girl and looks so super excited!

Liz said...

What vivid colors and beautiful expression! So perfect!

tiff(threeringcircus) said...

stunning and wonderful expression!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful, beautiful image!

Stylist A said...

So beautiful... Great entry for the excited theme. The colors in this picture are just amazing! Beautifully done!

4chalseys@blogger said...

Such a great picture! You captured it perfectly!! I agree about the excitement of a birthday. I LOVE birthdays! I think they are the MOST special holiday to celebrate. I had my little girl on my birthday and it was the BEST PRESENT EVER. Now I get to celebrate with her each year and I just love that.

Amanda said...

Awesome expression!

Nathalie Seguin said...

Too cute! Love her expression... you can see the excitement in her eyes!

Kari said...

Love this photo. The excitement of children is contagious.